Victorian Interior Design
The Victorian design is fairly stylish with specific focus on tertiary or intermediate colors. The Victorian style is also complex when it comes to carpets, walls, flooring, and wallpapers. The design can be described as dramatic and lavish. It is more popular in upscale residences. The Victorian touch means that the home is adorned with antique furniture and ornamental accents.
What is the Victorian design style?
Victorian style emanates from the Industrial Revolution which shaped design significantly during that period. At present, colors have become warm and restrained which include softer shades on backdrops such as cream, brown, burgundy, green, and blue. Accessories like furniture are luxurious and range from subtle to heavy.
How to create contemporary interior designs for your homes?
- Integrate some of the modern themes with the Victorian concept like partnering an old table with modern chairs.
- Put in craftsman quality to the home like mahogany furniture with nice carvings or marble for the countertop.
- Build rooms with a variation of color themes. Ornate shades of red, blue, and gold are popular.
- Never overlook essential details such as decoration, furniture and paintings.
What are the pros and cons of Victorian designs?
- The Victorian style is full of character and comes from one-of-a-kind ideas.
- The design makes your domicile look very elegant.
- A Victorian house looks very genuine.
- Materials can be expensive and scarce.
- It may be hard to find highly-competent designers with experience in Victorian design.