Scandinavian Interior Design
Scandinavian interior design themes emerged from countries like Denmark, Sweden and Norway are becoming extremely popular in Singapore landscape. The pattern of Scandinavian house design is based on three elements that are plainness and purpose. Nevertheless, it is possible to make some modifications that will fit into the personality of the owner. The mood may be austere but rooms feel warm that can be highlighted by original accessories.
What is Scandinavian design style?
The three cornerstones of contemporary Scandinavian design are pleasant design for the house owner; combination of function and attractiveness; and, best possible utilization of all available resources. The design is realistic and frequently adapts to the natural environment of the locality. Scandinavian designer will use colour to portray comfortable homely ambience through the use of white, grey and neutral earth tone colour such as pastel brown that are soothing and soft.
Pros and Cons of Scandinavian Interior Design
- Scandinavian interior design is distinct from the standard design formats.
- It can be done well by competent designers.
- It portrays a sense of minimalism without accommodating to its functionality.
- Costs may be a bit higher or low, depends on the type of material you choose.
- The use of large amount of white colour in Scandinavian themes will involve white colour wood, laminate or paint in the home design. As we all know, white colour will post a challenge to homeowner over the years in terms of maintainece.
What are possible pointers for homeowners opting for Scandinavian art?
- The use of white, earth tone and pastel colour will help to bring out that Scandinavian ambience.
- The wall, floor and ceiling can be utilized as new canvas to match with modern furniture.
- Scandinavian goes for organic such as natural timber for flooring, panels and accessories.
- Furniture is considered as accent piece and generally made of wood product like oak.
- Scandinavian interiors are fashioned in such a way to bring in natural lighting and uses electric lamps Décor and curtains are not primary choices.
- A lot of designs from Scandinavia integrate a veranda into the design of the home.
- Interiors are free from clutter with almost all the furniture having specific purposes.
Scandinavian art accentuates functionality but it does not eliminate elegance and beauty which complements modern web design technology. If you want a scandinavian expert, call Homesavv.com for a free quote.